Tuesday, August 30, 2011

homemade

yesterday, after coming home from school sick (ive had a cold since friday..) and watching 2 hours of cake boss i was motivated to bake. i havent exactly been known for my baking skills, rather my cooking, but i decided to give homemade cake and frosting a try. i simply googled "vanilla cake recipe and clicked on the first one. for the frosting i knew exactly where to go- annies eats. here is the recipe for the vanilla swiss meringue buttercream. i was so proud of myself for doing well on my first "not-out-of-the-box-cake" and the frosting...well its to die for. enough said.
goin in the oven!

they came out beautifully! 

mmmm buttercream :)

powder blue frosting!

and purple-pink too

my fave sprinkles!

i brought them to school for lunch for my friends 

they loved them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment